Friday, August 10, 2012

Book vs Movie


The summer I discovered "The Lightning Theif" was nothing short of magical. I devoured the books within a week or two and was absolutely in love.

Then I saw the trailor for the movie. I knew that movies are never really as good as the books, but something in me wanted to watch it on screen. I did, and was somewhat underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, it was really cool to finally see Zeus, Poseidon and Hades literally rock the world with their quarrelling, but something was sort of off.

Maybe because it wasn't exactly as I pictured it.

I think I figured out why movies are never as good as the books they're based off of.


See, when I read the books, I had a very clear picture of who Percy, Annabeth and Grover were. I could also see exactly what Camp Half-Blood looked. Hell, I could even see the details of the Minotaur's horns. Ok I'm exaggerating a bit, but you get my point.

When you see the movie after reading the book, you're essentially looking into someone else's imagination. Though it's all nice and well, it's never as epic as you yourself imagined. Because let's face it, our own imaginations are way better than someone else's right? That's why movies never reach expectations.


On the more positive side of things, I've never once imagined Percy being this hot. Logan Lerman is absolutely breathtakingly good-looking. O_O


Though some aspects may not exceed our expectations, some actually may be better than we thought, like Logan Lerman, but that's a little shallow.

Anyway, sorry for the non-kpop rant but I just had to.


Another thing I never imagined was Percy shirtless...*.*

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting that Logan Lerman is starring in the WWII movie Fury, since Logan is Jewish, and both sides of his family were persecuted by the Nazis during WWII for being Jewish.

    ReplyDelete