Thursday, September 13, 2012

Wooyoung's "Sexy Lady"


Dare I say I'm going to review a song in a blog about aesthetic appeal?
Why yes, I believe I am.
I know it's REALLY late, but it's been on my mind for too long; got to let it out or I'll explode.


Before going full throttle, I just thought it would be fair to let it be known how uninformed I am of the Hottest world.
I didn't know who was who until my 2pm Aesthetic Appeal post.
I listened to "Hands Up" maybe twice and I didn't know who was singing what at any given point.
Cabby doesn't count as listening since it was a more visual experience.

Ok, now that that's out...
I got "Sexy Lady" as a very guilty-bordering-on-shameful pleasure. All I knew was that Wooyoung was going to be singing this song, and it would be the first time I would clearly hear him. After the initial spazzing, I found it hard to listen to the song the whole way through. He's not even a designated singer, so I wasn't really expecting much-not even those "expectations" were met.
Before you come at me with pitchforks screaming for blood, let me explain.

The song by itself is not the problem. Wooyoung by himself is not the problem.
It's when they're put together that it's wrong.
The song itself can get boring after a while, so it needs a singer/performer who can breathe life into it. Wooyoung sounds nice enough, but he lacks oomph and a certain confidence the song demands.
Had this song been given to someone like Junsu (Xia), he would make it do backflips on stage with him. Wooyoung can't do that. He certainly has the aesthetic appeal for a song like this, but not the vocal strength or capability.


On a more positive note, even Junsu didn't make me drool this much even with Intoxication (still prefer that though).

No comments:

Post a Comment