Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Super Junior's Aesthetic Appeal (General)


Sorry for the longest hiatus ever :( But I'm back :D

Today, I wanted to review Super Junior, mostly because there's so many ELFs (I'm ready to die).

NOTE: for the general aesthetic review, I'll include all 15. For different eras or MVs, I'll only include the participating members.

 
Leeteuk
I liked Leeteuk from the first moment my eyes devoured him. He has since turned into an occasional pleasure seeing as I overlooked Donghae the other members in my first encounter of Super Junior. Yes, Leeteuk is handsome, but not in a particularly enthralling way. I can't see cuteness, but I can do without that, but I also can't see sexiness. Handsome can work without sexy, but it doesn't with Leeteuk.
Final rating: 6/10

Heechul
I heard Heechul was the pretty boy of the group, along with Sungmin, but when I looked him up, I wasn't expecting such a beautiful...guy. After pondering on my sexuality for a moment, I came to this conclusion: the weird thing about Heechul is that, as a girl, I find him stunningly beautiful, but as a guy, I'm not interested. There are certain angles which make me stare for longer than necessary, but most of the time, I don't really like him.
Final rating: 2/10

Han Geng (Han Kyung)
I greatly overlooked Han Geng when I first watched Sorry Sorry, but after a few weeks, I finally noticed him, and actually liked him. He didn't seem perfect in any sense of the word, but his smile did me in-I saw how handsome he could be. And he's earned some sighs from me.
Final rating: 7/10


Yesung
Despite being dubbed as one of the ugly members, I liked Yesung from day one. No, he's not as appealing as some of the other members, but he's got a charm about him. When I look at him, I can't necessarily say he's handsome, but rather attractive, or cool, or even magnetic. Yesung is living proof you don't need to be a visual to be a visual experience.
Final rating: 5/10

Kang In
My first Super Junior love: Kang In. And he still continues to be one of my favorite members. It was his face that got me first, but after a few shows, I started to like his personality too. My favorite thing is he drips testosterone and he's not 99% muscle. I prefer this kind of manliness over too much working out ahem 2pm ahem. But that's just the cherry, the actual ice cream is his aesthetics. God, Kang In is really handsome, but it's not overwhelming, it's just right. And even when he gained weight, he still retained his sexiness (I don't mind some insulation).
Final rating: 9/10

Shindong
I actually like Shindong, once I got past the weight issue. They way I see it, Shindong wouldn't be Shindong without the fat, and he has a really cute smile too.
Final rating: 3/10

Sungmin
Sungmin is actually quite handsome, but his aegyo gets too much, and I can't seperate cuteness from him, as much as I hate to admit. My favorite thing about him, is that he has a really great face for still pictures (and no aegyo to speak of). One thing I don't like is his aegyo negates any chance I had of thinking of him as sexy. But overall, he's good.
Final rating: 7/10

Eunhyuk
Another "ugly" member I like (wonder what I think about the visuals yet?). I didn't like Eunhyuk right away; it took a while. Now, though, I find him really sexy. Still, there's a reason he's dubbed ugly, though it's not hard to look past. Once you do,though, you'll be hooked.
Final rating: 4/10

Zhou Mi
Like Yesung, I find Zhou Mi attractive, even hot, even though he's not as "good-looking" as the others. It's not that he's not good-looking, he just sort of pales in comparison with the others (same goes for Yesung). But I still like them.
Final rating: 4/10

Donghae (Bias)
Under threat of sounding completely cliched and obvious, yes, Donghae is the best looking member ever of Super Junior. He's handsome, cute, sexy, hot, desirable, cool, a fishy, and a dino. I love dinos. Other than that, he's just the kind of guy anyone can fall in love with.
Excuse me as I spazz in peace.
Final rating: 10/10

Siwon
SM's favorite poodle: Siwon. I don't like Siwon; never have, never will (I'm talking aesthetically guys!). He was pushed as the most handsome member, but when I first saw him, I thought, "What's the big deal about him?"
(Runs away and hides as you chase me with torches and pitchforks.)
Final rating: 1/10

Ryeowook
Ryeowook was my bias at one point, and I still really like him, aesthetically too. He's not as good as Donghae, of course, but he's very underrated. He's attractive, but not in a way that stands out. A bit plain or boring at first glance, but very likable. I tend to really like the ones I initially overlooked, and Ryeowook is that one.
Final rating: 7/10

Kibum
Another member pegged as handsome. This time, I'm not disagreeing 100%; more like 70%. He's not the least aesthetically pleasing, but he's not high up either. He has nice features, except he's missing a certain likable factor, which hurts his overall rating.
Final rating: 3/10

Kyuhyun
The sexiest of them all-Kyuhyun. When SM voted for the most handsome member, Kyuhyun was quite low, but I call BS on those results because Kyuhyun may not be the most "handsome," but he sure makes up for it. While being an evil maknae has something to do with it, he just exudes sexiness and "love me." While glasses make most people cuter or look smarter, it just magnifies how sexy Kyuhyun. I have no trouble ever calling him attractive or sexy.
Final rating: 7/10

Henry
Henry-one of the few cute faces I adore. He actually put up a really good fight for aesthetic favorite, but lost only by an inch to Donghae. Just because he lost, however, doesn't mean that he's lacking. I loved Henry from the first moment I saw him, growing fonder the more I saw him. His features are soft. It's not that he's second to Donghae, it's just that he's different. Both Donghae and Henry carry an aura of one you could easily fall in love with, but Donghae's is through his dino looks, while Henry's is through his very soft and adorable face. In short, I love him.
Final rating: 9/10

Super Junior's overall rating: 5.6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment