Friday, May 25, 2012

SHINee's Aesthetic Appeal (General)


Since yesterday was SHINee's 4th anniversary, I thought I would rate them today. I don't have a real bias in SHINee (and in TVXQ) because I really like them all <3
So these aren't going in any order, just from oldest to youngest.


Onew

 Onew has a soft look, which I like. I can't really see him as handsome though; it's always either cute or sexy. But even then, he's not cute to the extent that it's nauseating, and not sexy to the point of thanking a higher being.
I think that's one of the reasons I like him; his aesthetic qualities aren't too "in-your-face-handsome/cute/sexy."
Final rating: 5/10




Jonghyun

Ah Jonghyun. I think he's very handsome, but not too handsome like Siwon. Sexiness? God of it. Sure he's not dripping sexiness like Taecyeon and basically all of 2pm, but that's how I like it; in moderation.
Now cuteness...you can detect it sometimes in the way he acts, but in terms of his face, I can't see it. He is much too handsome to be cute.
Personal note: have you seen his arms in their 4th anniversary message? If not, then...glad you're still alive.
Final rating: 7/10

Key

I think Key is the most aesthetically well-rounded in SHINee. He IS handsome and sexy, and at times cute, but it's never too much. Personally, I prefer dinos, but intellectually, Key is my favorite.
Bottom line, I love him.
Final rating: 8/10

Minho

Confession: Minho has been charming me lately.
Anyway...............
Minho is the designated flower boy of SHINee. So yes, he is quite handsome. Until I see Keroro in him and then I think he's really cute. His sexiness is undeniable, but it's a bit more toned down than Jonghyun. The way his looks aren't too excessive makes him that much more appealing.
Final rating: 7.5/10
Taemin

Taemin has this sweetness to him, but I don't think he's that cute. I think people just call him cute because he's the maknae. He's more sexy than cute. He's also handsome, but his sexiness overpowers it. Also, his softer look contrasts and compliments that sexiness.
I think Taemin has my personal and intellectual tastes equally drawn.
Final rating: 6/10SHINee's overall score: 6.7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment