Monday, June 11, 2012

BIGBANG's Aesthetic Appeal (General)


When Bigbang first debuted, they were called the "ugly idols." Now they're one of the biggest, if not the biggest, national AND international stars. But are they really ugly? Let's see...


T.O.P
Arguably or not the most handsome man anyone has ever seen. Despite having questionable fashion and hair at times, T.O.P's face is his ultimate saving grace. I think that's why I prefer a normal look on him, without the crazy hair, without the extravagant clothes, and without the faces at the camera. His face shouldn't have to save his (or his stylists') fashion choices, they should compliment each other. Also, when he has all that eye-catching stuff, it all starts to get a little too much and distracts from his amazing face.
Normal T.O.P rating: 9/10
Crazy T.O.P rating: 6.5/10

Taeyang
Taeyang's got swag, which I like. His eye-smile, however, provides a great contradiction. For the most part, though, he's sexy. Also, that sort of street look suits him very well, which I have sort of mixed feelings on. It overflows with sexiness and hotness, but then I think of gangs and get kind of...turned off. Personal turn off aside, I think he's still good-looking.
Final rating: 7/10

G-Dragon
G-Dragon is my BB aesthetic favorite. Yes T.O.P is very handsome, but G-Dragon is a bit more acceptable? (Sorry I can't find the right word). His aesthetic qualities are a bit more toned down and have kind of a sweetness. Similarly to T.O.P, though, I prefer a more normal, subtle look on him. I also think he has the best smile in BB ;)
Final rating: 9/10

Daesung
Daesung is one of those members deemed the least good-looking in their group, but when I first saw him, I didn't think he was that bad. Or maybe I should rephrase it, I've seen worse. I thought he was really cute though; little did I know that he's a bagel [BAby face, GLadiator (glamourous for girls) body]. Abs aside, I'll rate his face.
Final rating: 5/10

Seungri (Personal Bias)
Many maknaes that I know aren't really cute; they're usually sexy, and Seungri is no exception. He was competing with GD for my aesthetic favorite, but I eventually chose GD. I can't really explain Seungri's looks because there's only one word that fits: Seungri.
Final rating: 8/10

BB's overall score: 7.6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment